Welcome to Spartan Athletics!
As we are prepare for this school year it is time to make sure your student-athlete is cleared for participation. The FHSAA does not allow participation of any kind in any sport if the athlete does not have the required documentation uploaded to Athletic Clearance. Below are the instructions on how to use Athletic Clearance if you have not used it before, a link to the website containing a tutorial video and the items that you are required to submit for your athlete to be cleared as eligible to participate. You will also find the dates for each season's start date and the deadlines student athletes must be cleared by. Student athletes are not allowed to participate in any off season conditioning of any kind until they are cleared through athletic clearance. Please be reminded, that in addition to all FHSAA requirements, SCPA, requires all students wishing to play sports, to maintain an overall cumulative G.P.A of 2.5 or above.
1. Visit AthleticClearance.com
3. Register with a valid email and password.
4. Login to your account with email and password.
5. Select “New Clearance” to start the process.
6. Choose the School Year in which the student plans to participate. (2023-24 school year)
7. Choose Somerset College Prep as the school the student plans to compete for
8. Complete ALL required fields (If you have gone through the Athletic Clearance process before, you will select the Student and Parent/Guardian from the dropdown menu on those pages).
9. Once you reach the Confirmation Message you have completed the process.
10. If you would like to register for additional sports/activities, you may check off those sports below the Confirmation Message. Electronic signatures will be applied to the additional sports/activities.
11. All of this data will be electronically filed with the athletic department for review. When the student has been cleared for participation you will be notified.
Once you complete a clearance for one sport and arrive at the Confirmation Message, you will have the option to check off additional sports/activities for the current school year.
Cheer Start Date 7/31
Bowling Start Date 7/31
Swim and Dive Start Date 7/31
Cross Country Start Date 7/31
Volleyball Start Date 7/31
Boys Basketball Start Date 10/30
Girls Basketball Start Date 10/30
Boys Soccer Start Date 10/30
Girls Soccer Start Date 10/30
Boys Track & Field
Girls Track & Field
Fall Sports Athletic Clearance Deadline: Friday July 28th, 2023
Winter Sports Athletic Clearance Deadline: Friday October 27th, 2023
Spring Sports Athletic Clearance Deadline: Friday Janurary 19th, 2024
NFHS VIDEO LINKS
ALL STUDENT ATHLETES ARE REQUIRED TO WATCH THE FOLLOWING VIDEOS THROUGH NFHS LEARNING AND UPLOAD THEIR CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION TO THEIR ATHLETIC CLEARANCE.
1. CONCUSSIONS FOR STUDENTS
2. HEAT ILLNESS PREVENTION
3. SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST
The FHSAA physical form can be downloaded on Step #1 or Student Info at the bottom of the page. Please know Somerset College Prep only accepts Physical Forms and all other documentation required for clearance through Athletic Clearance. Hard Copies are not accepted.
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you. Thank you and we look forward to a great year of Spartan Athletics!